Iowa Grown Hops
Home brewers are encouraged to buy Iowa hops through our website or direct contact. Breweries can reach out via email or phone to discuss quantities and pricing specific to your needs.
Craft brewers and growers “workhorse” hop.
An all-purpose hop with pungent aromatics and a clean, crisp flavor profile.
New Iowa hops for 2018:
A new proprietary super-aroma hop released in 2014 by Great Lakes Hops.
Very mild bittering, highly aromatic perfumed noble blend of spices and flowers. Craft brewers’ specialty type hop for finishing aromas
- Profile: Alpha acids 3.5 - 5%, betas 4.5 – 6.7%, cohumulone 21 - 26%, total oils 1.0 – 1.3 ml/100g, myrcene 40-65%, humulene 18-24%
- Aroma: Brings with it a mix of woody, green, some floral and fruit notes, with some herb and spice character.
- Beer styles: German style pilsner, Lager, Kolsch, Belgian Ales
A New Zealand high alpha aroma variety having no substitutes due to its unique character.
- Profile: Alpha acids 11.0 – 14.5% %, betas 6.0 – 7.0%, cohumulone 28%, total oils 1.2 ml/100g, myrcene 31.8-59%, humulene 13-28%
- Aroma: The aroma is described as a bountiful bouquet of lemon zest with pine in beer.
- Beer styles: Ale, IPA, Lagers